Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The age of ZERO!!!

This might sound crazy... but the following narration is a true story based on personal experience ;)

The setting:
Dionysia 2007 - The annual Drama festival at TAPMI
My Role:
I play a father {(DAD) and not the church priest} whose daughter is visited by this guy asking for her hand.
The Play:
The boy talks to the girl and tries to convince her for marriage, but is displeased with her reaction... the girl is shy, apprehensive of the marriage (typical Indian style) and so on... The discussion between the guy and girl is over. I enter the scene once the girl leaves the room. The guy expresses his dissatisfaction over the girl's behaviour...

The Real Mixup:
Now its my turn to convince the guy that the girl is good and has good behaviour and the usual stuff (although not personally experienced, think thats how it works)

Guy: Uncle, I think she does not seem ready for marriage
Me: (original dialogue) Son, I know Ritu (the girl) well because I have groomed her, and she is just shy now... she's a perfect match for you...

But guess what slipped out of my mouth???
Me: Son, I know Ritu from the age of... {at this point of time I know I'm trapped, if I don't know my daughter since her birth, then I'm not her father by blood at all} ...ZERO... {you can't blame me... atleast the audience had a hearty laughter in a melodrama kind of setting}

All said and done, a few things I realized:

I realized the speed of mind is waaaayyyy tooo ahead of any computer....
In a micro second I realized that my dialogue was wrong, at the same time I thought that she's my daughter who I know from birth, plus the sentence had to be grammatically correct... so there it came......

"I know Ritu from the age of Zero!!!"

1 comment:

Buls said...

LOL... a classic blunder, you will be remembered for it... hahhahahhaha